- There are no menus in the current code so the
ESC key will take you to the console rather than the menus that are AWOL
sensitivity is gone. In it's place are
in_mouse_pre_amp, which all multiply together to give you the old
sensitivity Here is a schematic.
- By default, you will not get any sound output (in fact you will get a warning about being unable to load the
null plugin). use
+set snd_output plugin on the command line.
plugin is one of:
Once you have determined which plugin you wish to use, you can put
alsa0_5 For ALSA 0.5.x
alsa0_9 For ALSA 0.9.x
oss For OSS in UNIX (Linux kernel sound drivers
win For Windows (DirectSound?)
sdl For SDL sound (last resort)
set snd_output plugin into
quakeforge.conf which QuakeForge will look for in
/etc in UNIX and
%WINDIR% in MS-Windows (unless the HOME environment variable is set to a directory, in which case, QuakeForge will look there)
set cvar value command can be placed in this file: one per line.
- All commands prefixed by a
+ on the command line will be executed. (eg,
qw-client-x11 +set cl_writecfg 0 +connect quake.server.dom will execute
set cl_writecfg 0 and
connect quake.server.dom as separate commands)
- In UNIX, QuakeForge defaults to looking for the game directories in
- In MS-Windows, QuakeForge defaults to looking for the game directories in the traditional location (the current directory).
fs_userpath are available to MS-Windows users, they both default to "
- QuakeForge only ever writes files to
fs_userpath, never to
fs_sharepath and QuakeForge will search for files within
fs_userpath before looking in
- QuakeForge 0.5 has a powerful new key binding system that isn't compatable with the old system, though most configs usually work just fine thanks to a compatability layer. Information about this system can be found here.
- Um, I'm tired. You're lucky you got these docs :P. More will follow